Fastweb: This is a site for all Seniors heading to college. Go to www.fastweb.com to apply for over 1.5 million scholarship opportunities. There is also information on financial aid, jobs, and internships.
* Other great websites to browse scholarships:
* California Department of Education Scholarship: Visual Arts and Essay Scholarships to Raise Awareness of the Armenian Genocide. This scholarship is available for students grades 9-12. Three awards will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. $1,000, $500, and $300 Scholarship award for three students.Instructions and criteria for the contests are in the new release available at https://a46.asmdc.org/press-releases/20190215-california-legislators-announce-essay-and-visual-arts-scholarships-raise. DEADLINE: April 8, 2019.
* Exceptional Kids Parent-Teacher Organization Scholarship: Four $500 scholarships for students who have or have had an IEP. Please come to the Counseling Office for application and more information. DEADLINE: April 26, 2019.
* Consumers Cooperative Society of Santa Monica (CCSSM) Scholarship: $2,000 for graduating high school seniors who will be attending an accredited university in the fall of 2019. Please visit www.ccssm.org for application and more info. DEADLINE: March 29, 2019.
* Kinecta Federal Credit Union Scholarship: $2,000 for graduating high school seniors who will be attending an accredited university in the fall of 2019. For more information and application please visit kinecta.org/youth-scholarships. DEADLINE: March 20, 2019.
* Los Angeles Federal Credit Union Scholarship: $2,000 graduating high school seniors planning to attend a college or vocational school in the fall of 2019. Please visit https://www.lafcu.org/pdf/scholarship app.pdf. DEADLINE: April 30, 2019.
* Skechers Foundation Scholarship: $1,000-$5,000 available for graduating high school seniors who enroll in an accreditted two or four year college, university or technical school. Must be in good standing, 3.0 or higher GPA, US Citizen. Please visit https://www.scholarsapply.org/skechers/ DEADLINE: April 18, 2019.
* El Camino College's Warren E. Ford Memorial Scholarships for Nursing and Chemistry: These two scholarships are offered for graduating high school seniors who plan to enroll at ECC in the fall of 2019. Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher and be enrolled in the fall as a full time student with 12+ units each semester. Please pick up an application in the Counseling Office asap to apply. First come, first served. DEADLINE: March 1, 2019.
* The Pine Cone Foundation Scholarship: Up to $3,500 over three years for students with a documented learning disability. Eligibility criteria: Documented Learning disability, graduating high school senior, 2.5 or higher, US citizen. For application and more information visit http://pineconefoundation.org/apply/. DEADLINE: March 15, 2019.
* Santa Monica College Scholarship: For graduating high school seniors planning to attend SMC in the fall of 2019. Please visit the following link and follow the steps below to apply. Also review eligibility criteria below. DEADLINE: April 5, 2019. APPLYING FOR A SMC HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP:
· STEP 1: Log into Corsair Connect https://smccis.smc.edu/smcweb/f?p=420181023:102::::::
· STEP 2: Validate your SMC email account by clicking the Gmail icon on Corsair Connect homepage
· STEP 3: Click the “Do You Want to Apply for a Scholarship?” link on Corsair Connect
· STEP 4: Click the blue link to Go to the SMC Foundation Scholarship Application
· STEP 5: Click the white “Sign Up” tab to the right
· STEP 6: Using your SMC Email Address, create a password so that you can enter the system
· STEP 7: A confirmation email will be sent to you, then you are welcomed to log in and apply!
* ITE Diversity Scholars Program: Up to $20,000 in financial support ($4,000 per year for s tudent up to five years of undergraduate enrollmeent. For application and more information please visit www.ite.org/diversityscholar. DEADLINE: March, 31, 2019.
* INCIGHT Scholarship: Going to college? Have a disability? Apply for this scholarship! For graduating seniors with a documented disability who will be a full time student at a trade school, college or university in the fall of 2019. For application and more information please visit https://www.incight.org/scholarship. DEADLINE: April 1, 2019.
* LA Charitable Fund 2019 Scholarship Program: For graduating high school seniors who are dependents of an Armed Forces Member or DoD civilian. Please visit www.lamcf.weebly.com for application and more information. DEADLINE: February 28, 2019.
*James Wertz Scholarship Program: For high school students planning to pursue a career in STEM fields. the scholarship will help pay for books and tuition. Visit https://engage.aiaa.org/losangeles-lasvegas/home for application and more information. DEADLINE: April, 19, 2019.
* Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship: For high School Seniors planning to attend an accredited four-year institution in the fall of 2019. Please visit https://www.jackierobinson.org/apply/ for more info and online application. DEADLINE: February 1. 2019.
* Italian Catholic Federation Scholarship: $400 for graduating seniors attending an accredited university in the fall of 2019. Students must be Roman Catholic and of Italian Descent. Please visit www.icf.org for more info and or visit the Counseling Office for an application. DEADLINE: March 15, 2019.
* Vietnam Veterans of America South Bay Chapter 53 Scholarship: For graduating high school seniors. Students must report on a Vietnam Era Veteran: Veteran served in the U.S. armed forces on active duty (other than training purposes) in the Republic of Vietnam between February 28, 1961 and May 7, 1975 or in any duty location between August 5, 1964 and May 7, 1975. (NOTE: Verification of veteran's military service may be required). Please email entries to Scholarships@vva53.org. DEADLINE: April 17, 2019.See Details of application and entry below:
Students must submit an essay of at least 500 but no more than 1000 words containing a brief biography of the veteran including the veteran's Branch of Service, Military Unit, and dates of active military service, AND covering one of the following topics:
- What the Vietnam War meant to the veteran
- What the Vietnam War meant to the veteran's family
- What the Vietnam War means to the student
- How the Vietnam War relates to American History.
- How current events impact the student's views about Vietnam Veterans.
- How the Vietnam War experience affects current events today.
* Panhellenic Alumnae South Bay Association (Los Angeles) Scholarship: This scholarship is to encourage sorority membership among entering freshman women, however joining a sorority is not a requirement of this scholarship. This award will be granted to a graduating student attending a university if the fall of 2019. Students mus meet the minimum GPA requirement of a 3.50 and will be judged on the basis of academic excellence, character, participation in school and community/cultural activities and financial need. Please see Mrs. Pinier in Counseling Office for an application. DEADLINE: March 15, 2019.
* Steps For Change Scholarship: $2,000 to high school seniors applying to a college or university to further tier career goals. Students from low-income families are recognized for their capacity to lead and commitment to making a significant impact on communities. Recipients must display academic excellence, exude passion in empowering the community, and exemplify a desire for continuous personal growth. Requirements: 1. legal US Citizen, 2. current high school senior graduating in 2019, 3. applying to 4-year university, 4. cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher. For application and more information visit www.wealthbyhealth.org. DEADLINE: April 15, 2019.
* Edison Scholars Scholarship: Edison International, the parent company of Southern California Edison, invites students to apply for its $1.2 million Edison Scholars Program. Each scholar receives a $40,000 scholarship, paid over four years, to 30 high school seniors planning to major in STEM fields at four-year accredited U.S. colleges and universities. For application and more information please visit https://www.edison.com/home/community/edison-scholars.html. DEADLINE; December 14, 2018.
* Lockheed Martin STEM Scholarship: $10,000 Scholarship for STEM students who demonstrate a financial need and come from an underrepresented group or undeserved community. Application opens January 5, 2019... visit thr following link to get an alert when the application is ready to be filled out: https://scholarshipmanagement.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=90f915465b85ebe54dcf1cf58&id=191c63e2b5
* South Bay Business Woman's Association Scholarship: Seven $2,000 Scholarships available for women who are graduating high school seniors. All applicants must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (for high school seniors a weighted average is used). For more information and application please visit http://sbbwa.com/scholarships. DEADLINE: February 27, 2019.
* Distinguished Young Women Scholarship: This scholarship opportunity is for young women in the class of 2020. For application please visit www.distinguishedyw.org. DEADLINE: January 19, 2019.
* Coolidge Scholarship: a full-ride, four-year, merit scholarship that may be used by recipients for undergraduate study at any accredited college or university in the United States. Any high school junior who plans on enrolling in college in the fall of 2020 and is an American citizen or legal permanent resident is eligible to apply (unfortunately current high school seniors are not eligible to apply). The scholarship application, along with additional information, can be accessed on our scholarship site: www.coolidgescholars.org. DEADLINE: January 23, 2019.
* Edison Scholarship: Edison International is awarding $1.2 million in scholarships to 30 high school seniors to help them follow their dreams in #STEM (science, technology, engineering or math) and empower them to change the world. DEADLINE: December 14, 2018. Please follow the link for more information: https://www.insideedison.com/edison-scholars-2019-applications-open#.W7K-7WBI54s.twitter
* Sixt Scholars Scholarship: $5,000 for five students attending a two or four year accredited university in the fall of 2019. For application and more information, please visit https://www.sixt.com/sixt-scholars/.
* Final Fantasy Lovers Scholarship: $1,000 for high school students who enjoy the Final Fantasy Game Franchise. For application and criteria please visit https://www.finalfantasyxvapp.com/scholarshiph. DE